Thursday, May 10, 2007

ahh, the light at the end of the tunnel


No, I'm not dying...well, not that I know of. I'm just rapidly reaching mid-month and can check a lot of stuff off my "To-Do" list for May. All the school, extra-curricular, sports, and for me job stuff has just been mounting up and actually platueaued (is that a real word?) since Christmas and I have been buried alive with "to-do" stuff. There is a tiny glimmer of Light peeking through and I am grateful and as I need to get my real family stuff back on my "to do" list and get them taken care of...so we can plan a calm, unevenful summer at home. Ahhhh.... but I'm not there yet. Two more weeks.


okay boring details of a surburban mom I know.


On the other hand, I am so excited about all my new crafting opportunities and have been very busy with those too. woo hoo.


another exciting tidbit to my surburban life...I'm getting a new leather sofa AND chair. okay this really isn't news, but I got it out of a dumpster, had it repaired and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Okay, so I've done a little dumpster diving. I'm embarrassed to say. BUT...this was the big pay off after all the years of only finding junk that could be "transformed into treasure." I mean a leather sofa...who throws this stuff out??? and it's a Bernhardt too!!!! I bought leather hides from a place, hired some leather "dudes" and voila...new furniture. All I can keep thinking though is that my "new" furniture is going to be reclaimed by C.S.I. or some other investigating company and I'll be out some major bucks for my dumpster treasure.


Okay, digital world...I think you suck!!! okay, that is a little harsh. I'm just struggling with it all but my 4th grader is teaching me some cool stuff so I need to get my techno-act together...and soon.


okay, I hope my Scrapbook Pad 'associate' is updated as she is probably the only one checking this blog out...hee hee!
And lastly, just had to share an obligatory Texas Bluebonnet picture of my three boys...the suits were their ideas and I'll just let it go at that! Man, I love those little turkeys!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE dumpster diving (well only in certain parts of town anyway). You can sometimes find the coolest stuff. It's even better when you find something awesome like you did - seriously I'm jealous. Way jealous. I need new living room furniture bad. Well... furniture for the empty room - not new furniture. Of course, it would likely help a LOT if I cleared out the mountains of boxes and the big hills of other stuff which is currently occupying the space - eh?

And - at first glance of your studly little men I started thinking about Austria and The Sound of Music movie! HA HA HA! Love it! They are so cute!

~the associate.